Chickpeas

I think that I can say that I have eaten chickpeas at every breakfast, lunch and dinner since I have been in Jordan. 

This has been mostly on the form of hummus, but I have had other dishes as well. For lunch on our first day here, our host ordered 5 different types of chickpeas including falafel, hummus and pea salads. Of course we had lots of pita bread.  I think the bread is the safest thing to eat here. 

I gave also eaten a lot of yogurt. Lamb in yogurt, chicken in yogurt, a glass of yogurt, etc.  I am not a big yogurt fan but they made it taste pretty good. 

To keep healthy, you need to be careful what water you drink, not have ice in anything and even think about salads. So we drink lots of beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water.  Not a bad way to spend the week.  

Comments