Haiku poem by Don Stone

Maybe I didn't follow haiku poem format but I wrote this after our second of three meetings in Hyderabad on Thursday. It is much warmer here and there was 60-90 minute drive between meetings.

Indian Time
Nothing here starts on time
Nothing finishes on time
Traffic bad, lazy dogs
Million people on same street as us
Machine gun at gate pointed at me
Guard with chicken patch yelling
Barefoot guys another lazy dog
Show passport and fill out more forms
People who have nothing
constructing new buildings
They don't care if wall is crooked, window does not fit
I am hot and sweaty
Wearing my suit coat,
they have on cool shirts
Asking me tough questions
I sweat even more trying to understand
I am under pressure
Speaking English but hard to understand
These guys are smart pushing our buttons
Paul won't stop talking
We are already one hour late
Mosquito buzzing
I took malaria pill today
Shaken sixty hands today already
More shaking at next meeting
Never any soap where we visit
Feeling pretty dirty
Take bath in hand sanitizer later
We will be late to airport
But plane will be late also
We are all ok
We are on India Time

Comments