India is Gravy Country

So that I would try as many Indian dishes as possible, I decided to look at some dishes as gravy dishes.

The yogurt that is put on many hot and cold dishes is similar to cream gravy. Even though I am not a big yogurt eater at home, I have had something covered with yogurt most nights and for lunch. The yogurt is probably more healthy than cream gravy - I will ask my personal nutritionist about that.

Brown curry sauces can easily be considered as a dark gravy. I do like my brown curry.

I have also had some very wild gravies that might not be too popular in Texas. Yellow curry, orange curry, red curries and green curries are at every meal.  There is also a lot of orange sauces (some pretty hot).

And then there is the Mexixan food lineup. I have had some glow in the dark green veggies that I thought of as guacamole, Indian naan bread is just like a flour tortilla, there are rices and bean dips. Yesterday at lunch I made something that looked just like a nice chicken fajita and it was just as good. While my Indian friends were getting their fingers dirty eating lunch, I was neat and clean. Who knows, I may sell some Mexican food cookbooks over here

Comments