The Iggy Pop Trip

On Sunday August 18, I flew from DFW to Miami with Larry Rexford, Ron Sizemore and Greg Tate. This was the first leg of trip to Brazil. Since I was traveling with all the big cheese guys I got to sit in first class section. 

When I got in the plane I saw a guy bent down and taking a selfie with who I thought was Iggy Pop, the long dead rock star. Oh, it turns out he is still alive and flying to Miami with his model looking granddaughter. Oh, it turns out she was not his granddaughter but his supermodel traveling companion. Mr. Iggy Pop makes Willie Nelson look like a high school freshman. He has had a pretty rough life. It looks like he has done some excessive  drinking, smoking and other illegal things full time since 1965. 

If that wasn't strange enough, I looked up front once during our flight and saw a leg and foot pointing straight up high in the air. The guy is pretty limber; maybe drinking, smoking  and drugs does that for you.

I do not know what he sang, but I did recognize him. After many false alarms at a lot of celebrity sightings this year, I finally get Iggy Pop. 


Comments