Pudding and Spotted Dick

Yesterday we ate at an English pub and today I bought a traditional Christmas pudding to try out at Christmas. (UK tradition). Puddings are cakes soaked in brandy or cognac. This one proudly  advertises it will be 9 months old by Christmas. Larry says I need to buy some British custard at Kroger on the international aisle to put on top.

In the UK, a pudding is very different than in Texas. At the pub yesterday, Larry had a Sticky Dicky for dessert. I have seen this called Spotted Dick for the 20 years I have been coming to the UK.  Nobody in Texas would order a dessert called Spotted Dick. Larry had Fish and Chips and I had Bangers And Mash for lunch which I love.

We all speak English yet there are thousands of words and terms  that are different between the US and UK., especially in the food area.  This is holding us back in the crucial food and nutrition area.  You should not need a translator app to decide what to eat over here. 

Comments