Don't Trust Taxi Drivers from Bangladesh

I walked home from work about a mile because it is faster than driving. I feel safe and sort of know my way around now. After I got to hotel about 7 pm, I took a taxi to see the worlds tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, probably a place that taxis take tourists to every day. And you can see this place from 60 miles away, so he took me to the wrong spot. 

I was at the bottom of the tower, saw a line, I got into the line, I walked into the building with a lot of other people surprised at how fast the line moved, they took us into a very fancy restaurant and then they kicked me out of the Armani Hotel Dubai when I said I wanted to go up to the top. They smelled some redneck on me.

Some nice guys who were parking Bentleys and Maserati cars told me to walk to the Dubai Mall to go up to the top with the plain folks.  I had to walk another mile in the dark and then another mile in the mall. 



Of course the Dubai Mall is the world's largest shopping center with 1500 shops and restaurants. However, it was sort of funny that the longest line of people was to get into the Texas Roadhouse. The BBQ  smelled good as I did not get to eat tonight. 


I finally got back to hotel at 10:30 after having to show another out of town taxi driver where my hotel is. There are 7 different Marriott hotels in Dubai so it is confusing. 

Comments