Clothes I Have Bought on The Road

It's cold in Dallas and its cold here in the UK and I am wearing my new coat / raincoat today. My old coat was  apparently accidentally donated to a church in Rowlett to help out the recent tornado victims. 

One of my sisters said I should write a blog about all the coats and jackets that I have had to buy on travel and where I bought them.  So here it is. 

Note this does not count the many times that I have suffered through the cold because I was a dumb ass and did not bring a coat or believed somebody who told me it never snows in Seattle.  

Long Wool Overcoat for the UK. 
Felicia stopped on the way to the airport and made me buy a long wool overcoat before I went to Christchurch on the south coast of the UK for a month. I did not want to buy it or carry it on a plane, but I was very glad we did once I got there. 

Fleece in the U.K. 
Back in the mid 1990s when fleece jackets first came out, I went to Bournemouth on the south coast of the UK for 2 weeks and the continuous chill of the ocean finally made me buy a fleece jacket. 

San Francisco Tourist Coat. 
It only cost $15 but it is warm and seems to be waterproof. Bad thing is it has San Francisco design logos on it so you know I am a tourist.  They make a fortune from us touristas. 

Did Not Know It Got So Cold in Italy. 
In Florence, Italy we had to buy extra gloves, scarfs and a wool cap for Kendra while we were on a Spring Break trip. It was much colder than anticipated.  We might have bought some for us too.  

July in New Zealand. 
Fleece jackets for the whole family plus I bought a nice vest. It was winter there. 

Sweatshirts on the 4th of July
It's cold on Whidbey Island, even in the middle of summer.  Again, we were very close to the cold water. 

Umbrella in Zurich. 
Can't stay dry when it's raining - we kept it for years as a good memory of a good trip. 

Bathing Suit at the Dead Sea. 
You don't get a chance to float in the Dead Sea every day so I bought a cheap bathing suit (hopefully new) from a roadside vendor selling things from the back of his car in Jordan. We went swimming in the Dead Sea for two hours and spent 2 days rinsing the salt off.  Threw bathing suit in the trash there. 

Cheapest Coat at Walmart. 
It is March and warm in Dallas. It is March and below freezing and windy in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  You feel stupid because you have 5 coats at home and none with you. 

Umbrella in Paris for Kendra. 
It started raining and we paid the 3x tourist rate but we all got under it. 

Form Fitting Hip Huggers. 
MI had to buy new pants, 2 shirts, socks & such in Tel Aviv.  One shirt is a beautiful design and I still get compliments on it every time I wear it!  I gave the hip hugger pants to Goodwill the same day that I got home. 

New shoes at a Payless in Santa Fe.  After somebody stole my shoes off the top of the locker at the ski center had to rush into town and buy shoes just as the store was closing. You can't shop in Santa Fe after about six pm. Cheap and fast shoes that I still have 8 years later. 

Tee Shirts and Caps. 
Have them from every place I go to on vacation.  Felicia says I get the same color tee shirts every time. 

Clothes Shopping in Jyvaskyla. 
When your luggage gets lost on the way to Finland, you have to know your pants size in metric centimeters.











Sent from my iPhone

Comments