Going shopping

It is Friday morning and the first time we have had any sightseeing time available. We found out that going to see the Taj Mahal is a 4 hour drive out to Agra and a 4 hour drive back do we won't be going there... The next time I come to India I will make sure and take some more time off for sightseeing.
But we are going shopping at a local market to buy some souvenirs. If anybody wants me to bring them something email or text me soon. I have been looking at cashmere scarfs for the girls and some hand carved elephants for nick knacks to clutter up the house.

Ajay won't be with us so we are on our own.  We are renting a car complete with a driver to take us to market. We will have to use our best negotiating skills to show the vendors that we are serious shoppers. I am not a very good negotiator, wish Felicia was here to help me.

The market is close by but in a different world. Although we are staying in a very nice hotel (see pics in earlier blog) when you are more than 100 yards away from hotel, everything changes and it looks more like a town bombed in WW2 - rubble, trash, shanty town areas, open fires.  The road in front of the hotel is the only organization.

Comments